Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
Sure that 1.3/1.5/1.6x crop cameras already show some potential problem with the bokeh, but the point is that 2x is worse. It's a matter of a trade-off: I got used to the bokeh of the 1.5x, that is balanced by lightweight. I'd be happy to go even more lightweight with long lenses, but not at the point of sacrificing more bokeh, at least for some scenarios. I use long teles even for landscape, and clearly bokeh is not a big issue here. But for wildlife, well, it is. The best bird shots are done at ground level, possibly on the seashore, so you have the horizon in the background and this solves the problem... but I can't always shoot like that. 

In the end, this review confirmed me that the temptation of the m43 system for the lightweight advantage on the long lenses was bad, and I'm happy I resisted  Rolleyes . This year I'm having persistent health issues that seriously limited the income, so I won't buy anything (actually I'm having also a hard time in being healthy enough for going out and taking photos... I couldn't even test my latest lens bought at the beginning of the year). I still hope the next year will bring something long for the Sony-E mount system, so I'll definitely getting acquainted with the new system.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO - by stoppingdown - 07-22-2015, 10:52 AM