Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus OM-D E-M5 II Titanium Edition
Good to know. I wasn't sure about the exact process, just remembered some debate about using RAW vs non-RAW...

Regarding the hi-rez mode of the E-M5ii: Afaik there is the option to save the image as a 64mp RAW file which only contains about 40mp of information (thus 40mp JPEGs) and can only be processed in photoshop with an extra plugin from Olympus. If the workflow is already Adobe-based, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Quote:Afaik there is the option to save the image as a 64mp RAW file ...

Do you have any pointers/links for this information?
E.g http://www.techradar.com/reviews/cameras...458/review
Quote:Good to know. I wasn't sure about the exact process, just remembered some debate about using RAW vs non-RAW...

Regarding the hi-rez mode of the E-M5ii: Afaik there is the option to save the image as a 64mp RAW file which only contains about 40mp of information (thus 40mp JPEGs) and can only be processed in photoshop with an extra plugin from Olympus. If the workflow is already Adobe-based, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The parameters for the RAW conversion are calibrated according to a specific value in Imatest. We take a high performance lens at its optimal settings and go for a unified value here.

The reasoning behind this is to equalize the effect from the AA filter of the camera, internal processing within the camera as well as the impact from the RAW converter (bayer interpolation etc.). If you don't do that the variations between the systems would just get way too extreme resulting in unreasonable data.
Please retest or test 14mm F2.5 II, 20MM F1.7 II and 12mm F2 on E-M5 MarkII 

since these lens has updated and the body has upgraded to new sony 16mp sensor.

how about retest those classic lens which tested on 12mp sensor but still popular today?

BTW, when will the 40-150 PRO review publish? Can`t wait to read it. I donate my first minute in free VPN every day to check Photozone front page. I don`t know why Chinese GFW banned Photozone like facebook and twitter, I have to use a free VPN to loggin photozone.de  and I have 20 free minutes limited only per day.