Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera module for iPhone
http://www.dxo.com/us/dxo-one?utm_medium...980%20x540

Interesting ... although still not overly flexible.

Interesting in fact, but it seems overpriced at $599.

I am not sure why they introduce iVersion only. Is it realy that hard to write the app for Android as well?

Quote:Interesting in fact, but it seems overpriced at $599.

I am not sure why they introduce iVersion only. Is it realy that hard to write the app for Android as well?
Which Android phone has such a multi purpose connector like the iPhone, on the bottom in the middle? Every Android phone I know has a mini USB connector on the left or right side. 
Owning the Sony QX10 which arguably (along with the QX100) started the phone "lensor" niche, I can say that the wireless experience is not a good one. Takes too long to connect for each use. If a physical direct connection is much better than that, it would remove one barrier to regular use.

Still, it is another device to carry around. It doesn't look like something you can leave mounted, so you will still have to remove/connect it as needed to keep it out of the way.

Giving them benefit of the doubt on quality, you still can't escape it is a small sensor with a prime lens on it. Is there enough of a gap between the quality and convenience of the phone's built in camera, and going for a dedicated camera of some kind? I suspect it is too small of a niche. At least with the wireless devices, the camera doesn't necessarily have to be tied to the phone allowing some use cases there.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Well. Most of the new models are having the usb in bottom in the middle, that seem to become uniform design now days.

Talking about phone cameras Nokia Lumia 1020 was in another league: King of resolution with a sensor claimed at 41MP coupled with a good operating system it could shoot RAW and convert RAW files with some processing capabilities too bad Microsoft doesn't seem to give it interest anymore
Lumia: 41MP on a dwarf-sensor, sure it will beat everything around....  ^_^

DxO camera Module ist one of the tiniest devices I know so far with a decent IQ. I like the concept so far - for people with an iO device it might be nice, even reduced DoF appears possible. I'd be curious, if one could establish a NFC between camera-module and iOS-device?

The thing that I am wondering about - is this really so much better than the iphone 6(+) camera ?
Quote:The thing that I am wondering about - is this really so much better than the iphone 6(+) camera ?
The DOF possibilities are way better, and you have access to the RAW data. Two big advantages for this product, depending on the consumer.

Being 2.7x crop sensor, it is quite a bit bigger than the phone's sensor.

Oh, yes, I thought it was a 1/1.8" sensor. But yes, 1" makes quite a difference.