Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony A7R II announced
Quote:Who was talking about taking 4 out being the end of the world?  Tongue It is nicer when 1 battery lasts the day, and I think it is a bother when you want to charge more than 1 battery and have to do that in-camera. That were my contemplations about the implementation.
Of course it would be nicer, lot's of things would be nicer, however I always pack a spare battery when out for the day, either with K3 or the Nikon. I never contemplate charging. 

I'd probably pack two spares for a mirror-less, it's just the way it is, the nature of the beast!

Quote:It had the shutter vibration problem, which from a testers point of view rendered it useless certainly, but from a photographers point of view it still had a lot going for it. But the latest model is way more expensive.

Sorry to say but the issue had massive impacts in the real life as well. I had numerous soft images from my last trip to New Zealand.
Quote:Sorry to say but the issue had massive impacts in the real life as well. I had numerous soft images from my last trip to New Zealand.
 That's it with Sony but they got on the case and sorted it with the next model, they've been breaking so much new design ground as well as concept  ground, some poo is going to hit the fan on route..

They have done more to establish what is going to be "the way forward" than any other manufacturer....... whilst they've supplied most manufacturers with their sensors.

I see it as exciting!
Quote:Looks pretty good indeed. Fast AF even with Canon lenses via adapters may be the icing on the cake for some. Expensive though.
Does that mean that the A7R Mark II can do double duty as the next Canon FF testing body as well (rather than going for the 5DSR or 5DS)?
Quote:Does that mean that the A7R Mark II can do double duty as the next Canon FF testing body as well (rather than going for the 5DSR or 5DS)?
Since sensor glass thickness apparently matters with lens design in mind, probably not the best of ideas.
Quote:Who was talking about taking 4 out being the end of the world?  Tongue It is nicer when 1 battery lasts the day, and I think it is a bother when you want to charge more than 1 battery and have to do that in-camera. That were my contemplations about the implementation.

Pointless conversation. The camera comes with an external charger (like a7s) so you can choose to charge in or out of camera. If capacity is a problem get more batteries. You can put two in your jeans and not even notice they are there. With in camera charger you can also top it up in remote areas with a portable battery pack that you can also use to charge your phone. Your argument seems like you are taking a moot point and artificially elevating it to some deal breaking level just to irrationally deny that this camera is better than what Canon/Nikon etc can offer. 
Quote:Pointless conversation. The camera comes with an external charger (like a7s) so you can choose to charge in or out of camera. If capacity is a problem get more batteries. You can put two in your jeans and not even notice they are there. With in camera charger you can also top it up in remote areas with a portable battery pack that you can also use to charge your phone. Your argument seems like you are taking a moot point and artificially elevating it to some deal breaking level just to irrationally deny that this camera is better than what Canon/Nikon etc can offer. 
Silly post. You had to make it into a personal attack, right?

This is my original question:

"It still will have the tiny battery, the maimed RAW format. And will it have a charger, or are you still supposed to plug the camera in to charge the battery? "

The "elevating" part was a discussion coming from that. 

That this camera has nice qualities is apparent. That you in your brand worship think it is better in every respect in its mirrorless shape speaks volumes.

Is the raw still compressed?

"Photographers meanwhile will appreciate user reports that Sony have moved to 14bit raw for the A7R II’s massive 42MP stills, vs the compressed 11bit raw of previous cameras."

From http://www.eoshd.com/2015/06/first-sony-...e-iso-800/
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Is the raw still compressed?

"Photographers meanwhile will appreciate user reports that Sony have moved to 14bit raw for the A7R II’s massive 42MP stills, vs the compressed 11bit raw of previous cameras."

From http://www.eoshd.com/2015/06/first-sony-...e-iso-800/
If those reports are correct, that is a very good step.
Quote:If those reports are correct, that is a very good step.

Hmm... SAR is saying that Sony is just thinking of having uncompressed RAW:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sony-inte...essed-raw/

So, how can it be already present on the A7R II?

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.