Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photozone becoming smartphone friendly
Quote:The site is working perfectly except the header on the homepage the rest seems just fine including the forum.

I don't think it is worth the efforts for the time being to update since a windows 10 a major update is expected, since it is a unified platform for desktops and mobiles I think this problem should be history. BTW I am very satisfied with my Windows phone I don't understand why 97% of people choose other platforms.

Can you provide a screenshot ?
[Image: gallery_5426_135_114805.jpg]

As you can see the home tab is visible the others aren't however they are here and when I click I have the page, however it is not that useful having invisible tabs 

Quote:As you can see the home tab is visible the others aren't however they are here and when I click I have the page, however it is not that useful having invisible tabs 

Hmmh, I am rather clueless about what mobile IE is doing here.  This isn't just about a few shifted pixels but a completely different rendering of the header. On Android / iOS it is pretty much the same header that you can see on the website (minus the header ad). The top ad is also not shown on mobile IE then.

I'm afraid that this is beyond the scope of a small fix.
Hopefully the IE crap will be replaced on mobile too, when Windows 10 surfaces. Still don't get why one wants a Windows phone though Wink

Quote:Hopefully the IE crap will be replaced on mobile too, when Windows 10 surfaces. Still don't get why one wants a Windows phone though Wink
Internet explorer will be soon outdated, microsoft edge will replace it in windows 10 that will be available starting july 29th, it will also be free update if you have windows 7 or 8

As for windows phone as a very happy user my answer is easy: it can do everything an android or iphone can do while offering

-reliability, I have my lumia since six months, it crashed only once, working smoothly with all my applications

-effective power management : I recharge  battery every other day

-price: for what they can do they cost a fraction of the price of the others

-easy updating my wife updated her phone to windows 8.1 quite easily, I can have now windows 10 as a preview version

-safety: malignant software makers aren't interested in you

-offline nokia maps (the reason I got my first Lumia)

-privacy: I don't like google observing everything I do

-they don't age quickly: my two year old lumia 620 it is not yet outdated and it still works perfectly with modren updates and applications, go check other system old phones how they struggle

besides it is extremely personalisable with a great layout
Comparing Lumia 930 with iPhone 6. Specs talk by themselves. For me what is not logic is how someone could choose iPhone knowing it costs much more

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare...571%2C8346

And sorry for switching conversation away from original them
The problem is you are not just picking hardware, but also software. Microsoft still have a massive hill to climb in the mobile space ecosystem.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
- reliability: The iPhone is reliable. They don't "crash" often at all.

- The iPhone has comparable battery time.

- Price: Microsoft it forced to keep the prices low, because they can't seem to gain real market share (even with the low prices).

- Easy updating: Not nearly as easy with with Apple's iPhone.

- Safety: With windows on the phone being so closely related to Windows itself, it is not very safe at all. With Apple's pretty closed environment, it is a safer platform.

- For iPhone and Android there are good GPS routeplanners/maps that work offline.

- Privacy: you apparently like Microsoft observing everything you do. The only one who does take user privacy seriously out of the 3 is Apple.

- My iPhone 4S works just fine with the latest iOS (8.3) and apps. The 4S was introduced on the 14th of october 2011 (!!).

You clearly are not very aware of how the iPhone functions, and probably have something against them since like forever. Which is fine, but it does mean you have wrong notions about things concerning these phones.

For ease of use, security, polished operation and well thought out functionality, iPhones do excel. 

Well, the iphone is excessively expensive really (also vs their manufacturing costs). The iphone 6(+) has a poor screen-to-body (65% for the iphone 6 which is a joke really) and the screen resolution is sub-standard.

Thus it is surely viable to consider alternatives. However, I will not argue that iphones are great.