Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample gallery Pentax HD DA 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 DC WR
Quite a nice lens actually ...

http://photozone.smugmug.com/Reviews/Pentax1685f3556

When you test it , it will be the first proper test out there,

Pentaxians are saying good things about it, the many that got de-centered ones however are frustrated, it has a seemingly high incidence of optical dis-alignment.

Looking forward to the results!

So mostly the samples are in the Blue mountains; but one of the waterfall pics looks like it's Fitzroy Falls in the Soutern Highlands. Is that right, or is it some view of Wentworth Falls I don't recognise?
Thank you for the review Klaus. Unfortunately I returned mine because of the decentering I saw. Other than that it has many positive attributes. I might try my luck again with another copy in the future.

Quote:So mostly the samples are in the Blue mountains; but one of the waterfall pics looks like it's Fitzroy Falls in the Soutern Highlands. Is that right, or is it some view of Wentworth Falls I don't recognise?

At the time we did the National Pass walk and paid a short visit to Govetts Leap (standard tour ... we had a guest from overseas).

I reckon you are referring to Bridal Veil Falls.

Quote:Thank you for the review Klaus. Unfortunately I returned mine because of the decentering I saw. Other than that it has many positive attributes. I might try my luck again with another copy in the future.

It is sad that after 2 years (since the previous review), the QC remains as messy as it always was ...
Quote:At the time we did the National Pass walk and paid a short visit to Govetts Leap (standard tour ... we had a guest from overseas).

I reckon you are referring to Bridal Veil Falls.

It is sad that after 2 years (since the previous review), the QC remains as messy as it always was ...
I agree. There is much to like about this lens but Pentax is missing out on a sale in this case because of lack of QC. And it can happen to all their lenses. Two years ago I bought a FA 31mm straight from the Ricoh shop and it was horrible up to about f/2.8. 

But I am a happy user, I have many Pentax lenses (some might even say more than enough lenses) which are excellent. And Pentax DSLRs have a lot going for them. But QC, notably with the lenses, seem like an obvious area for improvement.