Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you think about the selfie wave ?
Maybe it is off topic, but let's see what do you think about it.

I am seeing plenty of selfies everywhere even it became  an addiction recognized by psychiatrists.

Personally I almost never take selfies and I don't see much art in it, however I am expecting camera makers to start getting interest in it and I wouldn't be surprised to  see good quality cameras with features oriented towards this type of photo.

What do yout hink about it ? 

At least we are seeing pictures of attractive youth, such that said attractive youth and old fogeys can’t winge about the ‘street photographer' invading privacy(in a public place? Wink)

….Re. quality: well lots that i see appear to be using p&s as well as phone cams, and those who have the settings right appear to be making nice pics….an advantage, if they have the light right, and quite a few now do seem to be paying attention to the light, is that the lower somewhat softer rez does make for smoother skin and therefore better portraits without having to stuff around in Ps, or dare i suggest portraitpro, which i find fun but it can make for a standard face….stop having fun solong….

….anyhow yes more….with the perfect pout please….

….ahem….does anyone else have a problem with this forum thingy that the silly browser jumps to the top of frame when you go to type, so that you can’t see what you’re typing….or is it meant to be this way so i can’t see my mistakes….

Quote:Maybe it is off topic, but let's see what do you think about it.

I am seeing plenty of selfies everywhere even it became  an addiction recognized by psychiatrists.

Personally I almost never take selfies and I don't see much art in it, however I am expecting camera makers to start getting interest in it and I wouldn't be surprised to  see good quality cameras with features oriented towards this type of photo.

Harmless fun. As such I have no probs with it ... unless there's a stick in (my face or) my field of view spoiling my own images.  Big Grin
My guess is a 'short' live fab; one day it will vanish.

People have always made photos of themselves on vacations and trips. Nothing new really. The plus now is that they have devices with LCD screens that can face them while taking the photo, so they annoy others less with questions if one can make a photo of them.

As long as there's Facebook and Twitter there will be "selfies"     AKA     "auto mug shots"

Well at least one big manufacturer included selfie mode on a interchangeable lens camera

http://petapixel.com/2016/09/20/olympus-...8-selfies/

Quote:Maybe it is off topic, but let's see what do you think about it.

Well, sure it's not art ("selfie" should be considered a different word than "self-portrait").

I think we already have: cameras with tilting screen that can be rotated facing forward.
stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Since we can't do anything about this, we have to use this to our advantage (both getting some "lively" shots and sampling the attractive examples of female Homo Sapiens).

[Image: XOhWd8RA3Rs.jpg]

[Image: h9ZJ045WNDk.jpg]

It is not entirely harmless. Dozens of people have died while and hundreds have been injured around the world whilst trying to take a selfie. People got run over by cars, fell into ravines, because they so wanted to let people see where they have been.

I don't want to sound old fashion, but too many useless photographs and films being made. 95-99% of these pictures which people took with there telephones are never viewed (again). And if people do want to show these pictures, then you see 20 of the same selfies, 20 of the same horrible pics of the Big Ben or the Eifeltower, where they look like the tower of Pisa, because most of the people don't know and don't care if they hold their phone's straight or not. And if you watch a parade or game, then it is quiet annoying all these people helding there phones up high, so you can hardly see anything.

Some kids say 'if you don't have a selfie posted on Facebook from the event you went to or the thing you said you have seen, then there is no telling if you are telling the truth. Yeah, right.

Needless, to say, I am not a big fan of this hype. And then I didn't even mention all these people talking on the phone everywhere and pick up their phones in the middle of a conversation.