Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new OMD EM5II ?
Well, the EOS M (and M2) is mirrorless, and does give uncooked RAW Wink

What is an uncooked RAW anyway ?

Also in case of Canon - what happens in the Digic post-processor ? It may not touch distortions, CAs or vignetting. But what about sensor noise for instance.

Regarding the multishot and hasselblad discussion from the previous page:

The H4D has been replaced by the H5D and there is still a back which does multishot - the 200c. It features the Sony 44x33 cmos sensor with 50mp and Hasselblad still claims 200mp with multishot.

There should be official samples of this on the Hasselblad page, maybe even RAWs. At least there have been such samples of the previous backs.

Honestly, I don't think that the gain in resolution holds up to the claim, but there is definitely a slight change in color accuracy.
I think the biggest problem for the large formats is the fact that all the development action happens in the APS-S or FF arena.

During the film era, a better emulsion was immediately available to medium/large format users.

In the sensor world they are probably just getting 2nd class sensors because it hardly pays off to produce such things.

Quote:What is an uncooked RAW anyway ?

Also in case of Canon - what happens in the Digic post-processor ? It may not touch distortions, CAs or vignetting. But what about sensor noise for instance.
Canon does not touch the noise usually, only at really higher ISO settings you see a change in the noise/DR curve. This may be due to some kind of NR over the RAW, or a different signal amplification method. In case of the 6D, you see a  change at H1 and H2 (not in the normal ISO range). Another hint at that not NR is being applied is that the noise is of normal very chromatic character (the nature of noise in RGB sensors).
According to 43rumors, the sensor shift thingy will only work from a tripod. Thus it's rather useless for most then.

My experience with a D800 in the beginning was a bit disappointing because I often underestimated the consequences of shooting handheld with the old rule of "longest time = 1/FL". Far too slow, it turned out. Even now, with the much better damped D810 the sharpest pictures are "with tripod" or "with flash". Sharp also means base ISO, with a bit of DoF I'm quickly in tripod range shutter speed. I think, each high MP sensor shows this causality.

Long sentence short: Best resolution demands solid stand = tripod. High MP count + motion blur = useless high MP.

Just found this on Photorumors:

Not 50 MP, but 40 MP and as fas as I understood, this generation will need 1 second to collect those 40 MP, the next within 1/60 - not bad, but with a Caon or a Nikon you have these 50 or 36 MP within 1/8000 Smile