Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses.
We are testing the lenses regarding their raw quality - thus with DEACTIVATED auto-correction in the RAW converter (just as on all other systems except MFT where this is part of the fabric).

If you activate auto-correction some of the flaws are hidden (at expense of some other aspects) - which is probably your point of reference I reckon.

Thus your analysis of the situation is crap (to use your words here), not our findings. I would suggest to look at your images without (the OPTIONAL) auto-correction.

We tested on two different NEX 7 cameras and it didn't make a difference. Lately I also used an A6000 with very similar (sub-average) results.

We are about to release a test of the Zeiss 16-80mm - with a poor rating - after Sony verified TWICE that the lens is within specs. I don't see how much more we can do here actually (three different camera bodies, frequent lens servicing prior of testing).

Sony has some really great lenses in their lineup .... for DSLRs. The mirrorless variants are simply mostly underdesigned as far as I can tell and it just shows. Now you may criticize that we should activate the image auto-correction then. THIS would be a viable question. However, as long as Sony does not enforce this, we believe that we should publish the original findings (again - this applies to all systems except MFT). 

We have been criticized to be biased against Sony quite often ... but then why are the ratings of the Sony DSLR lens tests in line with the other manufacturers ? And yes, we are using the very same testing procedure over there.

Messages In This Thread
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by TanjaSchulte - 01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Klaus - 01-03-2015, 07:12 AM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Lysander - 01-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by huwmorgan - 01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Metalex - 01-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Metalex - 01-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-10-2015, 03:37 AM