Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses.
I'm new to the forum, although a long-term reader. I have a couple of questions:

• How do the MTF ratings compare to your overall lens ratings. For example, you rate the Fuji XF 27mm lens as 4 stars and say "In terms of sharpness it plays in the highest league especially when stopping down a bit". The lens resolution is pretty good at around 3,000 lines per picture height in the middle. On the other hand, the Sony E 35mm resolves around 3,500 lines in the middle on the Nex 7 and you rate it 3.5 stars and say "the image quality gets visibly snappier and it's downright superb at medium apertures". At F 2.8, the max aperture of the Fuji lens, the Sony lens is has significantly higher resolution. The two lenses are pretty comparable in price (i.e. inexpensive). How can you rate the sharper one a 3.5 and the less sharp one a 4? Especially when the Sony is stabilized and the Fuji is not. Seems like a bit of bias to me. I've owned both Sony and Fuji gear, so I'm just interested in how you rated one over the other - I'm not a fan boy of either.
  • When will you test the Zeiss 16-70 for APS-C? For Sony Nex users, this seems to be the only high quality zoom option and the results out there are really mixed. Would like to see your MTF test done on this lens. 
Thanks for all your hard work - your site is invaluable despite the niggles over Sony lens rating.

Messages In This Thread
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by TanjaSchulte - 01-02-2015, 04:15 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Lysander - 01-05-2015, 07:00 AM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by huwmorgan - 01-08-2015, 05:38 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-08-2015, 06:21 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Metalex - 01-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Metalex - 01-09-2015, 10:12 PM
Photozone, you have to retest the Sony E Mount lenses. - by Scythels - 01-10-2015, 03:37 AM