Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Pentax HD DA 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6 ED DC VR
Quite interesting actually:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.uk/en/group/...enses.html

What do you consider as interesting about it? Nikon already have a very similar 16-85 lens, same aperture range too.

Quote:What do you consider as interesting about it? Nikon already have a very similar 16-85 lens, same aperture range too.
Yes but this is Pentax!  
This is a second chance for Pentax to redeem themselves with a standard walk-around zoom kit zoom lens. After the somewhat controversial DA 18-135mm which seemed fine fine for those snap-shooters not requiring pro quality prints, but less well viewed by more exigent photographers, they have decided to have a second bite of the cherry with a standard zoom, albeit with a lesser zoom range, which they claim will be better suited to Pentax's more demanding sensors.

Now let's see whether they have a lens that can cut the mustard!  It's well spec'd if not that fast.   You were an early tester of the 18-135 Klaus, are you be going to be first on the block with this one?

BTW. What is interesting is that Pentax have now abandoned their SDM silent drive system with new designs, which was/is a constant source of unreliability  complaints on the Pentax user forum, in favour of DC motors of which I've never seen a complaint. A large percentage of users won't risk their cash on SDM DA lenses as a result!

I don't think that I will be among the "first" testers but let's see.

It is nice to see that there is still life in Pentax. 

Im grateful for the forum topic.Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.