Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New stuff arrived in da lab
Zeiss E 16-70mm f/4 OSS

Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 OSS
Wow, I'm soo looking forward to the 70-200 f/4 review. Hurry up and you´ll be first with MTFs for this lens Smile

Any time schedule?

The 1670 on the Nex 7 will be bad. ;-)
Zeiss is somewhat overrated IMHO.

I also do not believe that the A6000 would be any better.
Quote:Zeiss E 16-70mm f/4 OSS

Sony FE 70-200mm f/4 OSS

Sounds cool, but what about the Zeiss FE 55 F/1.8?

Quote:Zeiss is somewhat overrated IMHO.

Or maybe people are expecting too much from zooms...
I will try to do some testing tomorrow - 

Quote:Wow, I'm soo looking forward to the 70-200 f/4 review. Hurry up and you´ll be first with MTFs for this lens Smile

Any time schedule?

I will try to do some testing tomorrow. There're at least 2 other high priority lenses in my list.

I would expect something by the end of next week.
Quote:Sounds cool, but what about the Zeiss FE 55 F/1.8?

Or maybe people are expecting too much from zooms...

I got a test offer for the 55 but the 70-200 comes first.

(I left tax hell this week so I should be able to gain speed now ...)
Quote:Zeiss is somewhat overrated IMHO.

I also do not believe that the A6000 would be any better.

So far it looks like the new sensor has not the strong corner problems if the Nex 7. So far the the examples with problematic lenses looks good.

Interestingly the corner problems are repeated with the A7r but the A7 looks better.

That I waiting for a Ricoh GR with a fast 35mm equivalent lens. If it us the same quality like the GR it will be hard to beat.

For me lens mounts have to many drawbacks. You need really expensive lenses for high resolution sensors and the fit not really to each other so good like in a fixed lens camera. The tolerance for the mount comes into the play. And you are stuck to a system.
Unless someone provides hard evidence in a lab test, I'd rather put differences on non-identical focus settings. DxO gave essentially identical ratings. And no word from Sony about improved corners. Otherwise the marketeers would make noise about it.
DXO haven' I think tested the A6000 for resolution yet; they have given it their suite of sensor tests for colour depth, noise etc which are only a slight improvement over the n7. But there is some hope of it not having the corner resolution issues of the n7 - there's anecdotal evidence for sure. Also Sony never admitted there was a corner resolution issue with the n7, so they aren't likely to announce that it's resolved! But we must wait for firm evidence...