Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone enlighten me, please
Does anybody know, why some stupid blokes write something like "great site! Thank God for it's existence" in cyrillic and Russian?

What's the point in doing so? Are there hidden links in their posts? Do we get redirected to malware sites?

I was guessing about the same thing...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Did you see this kind of spam at other sites? Fujirumors is spam itself, but I never read cyrillic there (not that I could read cyrillic, I use Googletranslate to get an idea what's this about...)

Perhaps it's a broken spambot - I mean, they forgot to insert the link. You know, nowadays, there are no more serious professionals...

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
I honestly have no clue, too. So far it was two accounts leaving these kind of messages. Both were created several weeks ago already, but obviously not used so far for any other posts.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Perhaps it's a broken spambot - I mean, they forgot to insert the link. You know, nowadays, there are no more serious professionals...

Poor lonesome spambot and a long way from hoooome [Image: dring27x25.gif]
I've disabled the automated forum registrations in the meantime because it became too tiresome.

Thus new users are granted manually. However, obviously I can only guess which accounts are kosher. 

I'm no longer accepting registrations from .ru nor from yandex addresses but even gmail is used from spamming.

Oh my, lots of efforts... but still, I don't get it why this kind of same sentences is used continuously. Ever since the Russian hackers elected Trump (so to say), we tend to see them as IT gods of gods. But either it's a new sign of God doesn't exist or intensive consumption of vodka, I could not decide.

Quote:Ever since the Russian hackers elected Trump (so to say)

You forgot to mention that the Russian hackers also pushed the AfD in Germany... Tongue

stoppingdown.net

Well, that was half hearted. 87% didn't elect any of them and within 3 months, so some of themselves say, they will have split themselves. "alternative" in this case means, "so different that we just can't cope with each other". Luckily...