Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7D > 70D?
Quote:Hi Arthur, if you prefer high quality OVF most of the crop cameras wont do it for you, and if you can get your hand on 7d and 70d then make your decission. In this tear all of the cameras look good on paper and provide more features than we need. In general newer generation cameras provide better IQ. There always be additional features such as wifi, back back check list with bar code scanner, FB app, order-pizza-in-the-middle-of-nowhere app... it never ends.

Boris-

What you say makes sense, except for one thing.  I'd probably have to have the cameras for a few days before I knew which one I liked better.  In general, I think we consumers have been suckered into thinking viewfinders are incidental to focusing because we can just relegate the job to AF.  All I can say is my present camera's AF can't handle a lot of situations.  I'd rather have good AF and MF capability. 

I don't really want new features.  Just features I miss.  I've tried various ways to get better manual focus, from using a Canon S Magnifier viewer, to using a larger monitor to focus, and review shots with.  I haven't really come up with anything convenient.  That's why I want better built in viewfinders and screens, and better and quicker live view rendering.  But I have a feeling I won't get to find out how much progress has been made until after I buy a specific model.

Newer is better.  Bigger is better.  Faster is better.  If the potentials are lived up to.  Thanks for the input.  I think I have two votes for the 70D and none for the 7D, though that is just my impression.

Messages In This Thread
7D > 70D? - by Arthur Macmillan - 04-29-2014, 07:16 PM
7D > 70D? - by Brightcolours - 04-29-2014, 08:29 PM
7D > 70D? - by borisbg - 04-30-2014, 04:01 AM
7D > 70D? - by Arthur Macmillan - 04-30-2014, 08:40 AM
7D > 70D? - by Arthur Macmillan - 04-30-2014, 09:10 AM
7D > 70D? - by Brightcolours - 04-30-2014, 08:02 PM
7D > 70D? - by Arthur Macmillan - 04-30-2014, 08:28 PM