Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iZugar 3.25mm f/2.5 Fisheye released
Hmm, why not the Tokina 10-17 then?
Editor
opticallimits.com

Also consider any 8mm fisheye, they are dirt cheap, yet quality is excellent DOF is so big focusing is never an issue, I don't think manual aperture is a problem, you set the focus on the estimated distance by reading on the lens barrel set aperture and shoot, you will use viewfinder only for composing not focusing
Quote:Hmm, why not the Tokina 10-17 then?
That thought had crossed my mind, but the 8-15 is better made mechanically, has modern AF, is weather sealed, and I'm not sure of what kind of IQ to expect of the 10-17 outside the APS-C image circle (I'm using a 1D Mark 4 camera).

However, it looks like I'm gonna end up with the Tokina anyway, as it's 40% the price of the 8-15.
Hm, well, on APS-H you might have to look for a Tokina without hood already.

The EF 15 is not wide enough?

One fact in favour of the Tokina (and also the EF 15) is size: the 8-15 is quite bulky in comparison.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Hm, well, on APS-H you might have to look for a Tokina without hood already.

The EF 15 is not wide enough?

One fact in favour of the Tokina (and also the EF 15) is size: the 8-15 is quite bulky in comparison.
The EF 15mm is only about as wide on APS-C as a rectilinear 11mm, it seemed (I tried it a few times). The rest is, well, subject to debate and evaluation sometime down the road.