Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 24-70mm f/4 OSS ZA
Gianluca

This was my point; and comparing the raw numbers gives a (very fallible) guide to the kind of thing you were saying.

So in my case I wanted to know if the total system resolution of the Panny 12-35 on OMD I used to use when hiking was better than the FE on A7r; and it looks like the total system resolution of the FE/A7r is in fact between just better and much better at different points.

Of course it's disappointing that it's not much better everywhere given that we are talking a 36MP sensor; but it means that I can be confident that I've not lost anything while hiking by using this system, and gained a lot when using the primes.

The Oly 12-40 is better in the corners than the Panny; so the total system resolution for Oy+16MP is likely as you say very slightly better for that combo in extreme corners at the extreme focal lengths, but much worse elsewhere (though if a higher MP M43 sensor came out this might change!)

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Carl-Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* 24-70mm f/4 OSS ZA - by Guest - 03-30-2014, 12:17 AM