Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fujifilm 8-16/2.8
There's not only rumors but also some "mock-up". So, we gonna see some of these lenses

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujinon-xf-8-1...omparison/

Perfect to hide the camera behind them  Big Grin

That + Fuji X MILC will be a real competitor to the Sony A7 series + FE 12-24mm f4, if the optics hold up and Fuji keeps the price sane.

Even if the optic keeps up: My guess is, the Sony is lighter (and pretty good, according to lensrentals) and less fat. The 16/1.4 is already a big lens, so that 8-16 appears to be similar sized as the current 24-70/2.8 from Tamron and Sigma.

Anyway, it will find it's customers, I'm just not amongst them.

Quote:Even if the optic keeps up: My guess is, the Sony is lighter (and pretty good, according to lensrentals) and less fat. The 16/1.4 is already a big lens, so that 8-16 appears to be similar sized as the current 24-70/2.8 from Tamron and Sigma.

Anyway, it will find it's customers, I'm just not amongst them.
The Sony is also pretty good according to Photozone's Klaus  Wink

I doubt the Sony will be smaller, though? They may just be similar in size (which makes kinda sense, since they are pretty equivalent).

The Fuji 16mm is 73.4 x 73mm and 375 grams, the Sony 12-24mm f4 is 117.4 x 87mm and 565 grams. The size of that prototype 8-16mm in that image looks to be pretty close to the Sony size?
I think, I was confusing it with the 16-35/4, which is rather small. You're right, they might be just about the same size and dimensions.

As I said, a perfect sight protection:

[Image: Fujinon-XF-8-16mm-1-720x449.jpg]

Picture taken from Fuji rumors, which took it from ePhotozine, which took it from....

Quote:I think, I was confusing it with the 16-35/4, which is rather small. You're right, they might be just about the same size and dimensions.

12-24/4 is pretty close in weight to 16-35/4 and also almost similar in size too. Looks like this 8-16 will be huge but not unmanagable. Not a reason to switch to Fuji from Sony though.
Sure, it's big, but not enormous.

It's quite a unique proposal in the APS-C world though. I'm sure many landscape photog will be jumping on it.

Personally, I find the Olympus 9-18 to be the perfect compromise for travel/landscape work. It's amazingly tiny and good optically.

--Florent

Flickr gallery
Sure it is... but it's also a super-super wide... Ok, you seldom need it, working at such extreme wide angles is difficult, for some kind of architectural shot you can go with composite... but nevertheless it's really an extreme lens. If they do it optically good, I think many will buy it.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
Quote:12-24/4 is pretty close in weight to 16-35/4 and also almost similar in size too. Looks like this 8-16 will be huge but not unmanagable. Not a reason to switch to Fuji from Sony though.

Hmmm... interesting site, but I was refering to this picture (from lensrentals):

[Image: Group-Shot.jpg]

And here the 16-35/4 is the dwarf in the middle.

thxbb12, I know your reasoning is reasonable like "most people put the pictures somewhere in the internet or mail them" and for this purpose APS-C or µ4/3 is perfect. Nothing against this point.

It's just: for me, landscape is the bigger the sensor, the better the resolution. Sure, also the bigger the back-pain  Sad but I'm no fan of superwide with "small" sensors (I know, these two formats are not the smallest possible).

I just got 10 A1 posters back from print service. The prints from the Fuji don't look really bad - but in 12 MP more and double sensor area, I still see more details.

Speaking of super-wides: At the moment I try to stop myself from going the 14/1.8 Art path, but my resistance is not too hard...