Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sony a7 or a7R & which lens?
I do not think so. e.g. a 75mm f/1.8 has an identical bokeh behavior on all formats assuming the same distance and aperture settings. The format just defines the covered image field. 

If you want to have the same field-of-view, the situation changes but this is a different discussion.

Tonal range is a sensor characteristic - mostly depending on the pixel density. If you take e.g. the E-M1 vs the A7R there's not much in it.

Now that's the theory, in practice there's of course more to that. e.g. MFT lenses are designed to a smaller circle-of-confusion - thus sharper than a FF lens (one of the reasons why MFT lenses are comparatively expensive).

e.g. you may have noticed that Olympus provides MTFs based on 60lp/mm vs 30lp/mm over at Nikon.

Sharper lenses tend to have a rougher bokeh. And assuming the same field-of-view, there's simply much less blur in the first place - blur - not bokeh. 
Quote:And in which way do those images differ from any APS-C DSLR? (besides the sloooow AF so no action images)? It is just a DSLR with the mirror stolen. Not particularly compact (due to DSLR lenses and mirror box without mirror).

It is a nothing camera, with the fatness of a DSLR and lack of PD AF for no good reason. It says "Pentax" on it, and that is why you bought it... Open mind? hmmm.

Care to share some images you made which then show its special prowess? 
  If you don't know how the Sony 16Mps sensor performs by now posting compressed images will do little to enlighten you! That nothing camera as so generously put it cost me the princely sum of 250 euros. Probably the best image bang for buck out there! 

Quote:  If you don't know how the Sony 16Mps sensor performs by now posting compressed images will do little to enlighten you! That nothing camera as so generously put it cost me the princely sum of 250 euros. Probably the best image bang for buck out there! 
Oh, you meant that it has a 16mp Sony sensor. I thought you were talking about photos. I don't subscribe to the club who believe in special powers of a sensor, I am more a lens character person. To me what makes a photo is the talent of the photographer and the lenses available. And what makes a camera how one can use it, of course.  :lol:

Even the Canon EOS M is more bang for the mirrorless buck?

Quote:Lens QC is very good on the Olympus side.

Some Olympus lenses have also QC problem, e.g. the 12mm F2 lens: http://admiringlight.com/blog/olympus-m-...-review/2/

In the test here it is also mentioned that "The centering quality of the tested sample was good but not outstanding".

I didn't say perfect. :-)