Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got the Zeiss FE 24-70mm f/4 OSS in the meanwhile
A surprisingly big lens actually.

In part this is because of an empty tube portion at the back of the lens.

Obviously Zeiss wanted to increase the distance to the sensor here.

Klaus, would you be so kind to post a few real-life (full size) samples shortly? I am in the market for such lens and would realy like to see how it performs before I buy.

Thanks a lot!

How big is the empty region? Enough to put a mirror? Smile

One of the possible benefits of mirrorless was supposed to be smaller lenses at shorter focal lengths...

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Quote:Klaus, would you be so kind to post a few real-life (full size) samples shortly? I am in the market for such lens and would realy like to see how it performs before I buy.

Thanks a lot!

I will go on vacation today. While I will take the A7R with the 24-70/4 and 70-300G (via adapter), I am not so sure that I will be able to upload something.
That's one lens I'm interested in (eventually). My wife says she doesn't want to use a big camera... so enter the A7 (in due course).

Quote:How big is the empty region? Enough to put a mirror? Smile
Doesn't look like that to me:

[Image: y_SEL2470Z_comosition.jpg]

I do wonder if that last element is just a slab of glass...
Klaus, when are you doing this review ?

The review may be up next week.

Thanks.

In the meanwhile you can say something from your usage in the holidays Smile Did you like it?

Anurag