Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New X is coming
You probably heard about it ...

http://fujifilm-x.com/information/ja/article_0001.html

http://www.fujirumors.com/enjoy-more-x-t...than-e-m1/
Fuji really seems to like the Contax SLR cameras: they practically copied them, right down to the shutter release (which is no longer threaded). Since my film SLR is actually a Contax RX, I would feel right at home with the X-T1. I must admit I was not really pleased at first with them choosing a SLR form over a rangefinder form, but I guess it was needed for the huge EVF it features. 

It also finally has a ISO dial! Of the three basic adjustments for exposure (aperture, shutter speed, sensitivity) it was the only one that we had to dig in the menus to change. Having dials for exposure zones and shooting modes is also very appreciated. I hope they will also be featured on the future X-Pro2 (though I might not wait for it).

I'll finish by repeating what a few commentors have said: it's the Nikon Df done the right way.

It is said to be smaller than the X-E2/X-E1. But I already feel the X-E1 is a little bit too small for my taste.

PS: I really hope Fuji can improve their lens QC before releasing new (amazing) cameras. 

I wasn't quite sure why or how it would be different than the X-E1 before the leaks, the X-E1&2 having EVF's already. Now it makes sense if its viewer is going to be a very large & nice EVF.

Interesting to see that ISO dial and it's A position. I expect that you can play with the combinations of A's on lens, shutter & ISO to either have A, S, and TAV (à la pentax), with Exp. Comp. enabled. Could be pretty cool to use, I have to admit.

I hope Fuji is successful with this one.

I hope it gets a touch screen. For some stupid reason, "high class" are still regarded as "camera without touch screen", which is totally ridiculous. Panasonic & Olympus got that and I hope Fuji will get that too.

On the other hand, the weather sealing non-sense gets a new player here :

High class weather sealed camera BUT the user is left only with a "common" zoom 18-135 Weather sealed. All the rest of the line isn't. Like Olympus weather sealing mostly cheaper lenses until its 12-40 came. Talk about product planning.

Quote:Fuji really seems to like the Contax SLR cameras: they practically copied them, right down to the shutter release (which is no longer threaded). Since my film SLR is actually a Contax RX, I would feel right at home with the X-T1. I must admit I was not really pleased at first with them choosing a SLR form over a rangefinder form, but I guess it was needed for the huge EVF it features. 

It also finally has a ISO dial! Of the three basic adjustments for exposure (aperture, shutter speed, sensitivity) it was the only one that we had to dig in the menus to change. Having dials for exposure zones and shooting modes is also very appreciated. I hope they will also be featured on the future X-Pro2 (though I might not wait for it).

I'll finish by repeating what a few commentors have said: it's the Nikon Df done the right way.
How many Olympus lenses are weather sealed? As far as I know, it's only the 12-50mm "common" zoom, the 12-40mm pro zoom and the 60mm macro.

For Fuji, I believe we can safely assume the two upcoming f2.8 pro zooms will be weather sealed and the 18-135mm is rumored to be. How many more weather-sealed lenses do you need? IMHO, only a long macro lens and possibly a small normal prime lens: flexibility of a lens is much more important than pure optical quality if you go out shooting in a heavy rain.

Quote:How many Olympus lenses are weather sealed? As far as I know, it's only the 12-50mm "common" zoom, the 12-40mm pro zoom and the 60mm macro.

My point exactly, not enough, despite releasing all of these in the OMD era.

Quote:For Fuji, I believe we can safely assume the two upcoming f2.8 pro zooms will be weather sealed and the 18-135mm is rumored to be. How many more weather-sealed lenses do you need? IMHO, only a long macro lens and possibly a small normal prime lens: flexibility of a lens is much more important than pure optical quality if you go out shooting in a heavy rain.

I guess I agree on real situations but precisely here for primes : a 1k lens such as the 75mm f/1.8 should have had it, no matter what. The do-it-all 35mm focal length could have had it too on the Fujinon 23mm... bah..
Well, well... Originally, I was planning to upgrade to a full frame body this year. First I was thinking about the D600/D610; then the A7 came out and I was tempted, because it would allow me to make use of my OM glass + an optional CV 35/1.4 for fun. But now there is this nice little thing with dedicated dials for everything - and I seriously want one despite its lack of a full frame sensor  Big Grin

Quote:How many Olympus lenses are weather sealed? As far as I know, it's only the 12-50mm "common" zoom, the 12-40mm pro zoom and the 60mm macro.

For Fuji, I believe we can safely assume the two upcoming f2.8 pro zooms will be weather sealed and the 18-135mm is rumored to be. How many more weather-sealed lenses do you need? IMHO, only a long macro lens and possibly a small normal prime lens: flexibility of a lens is much more important than pure optical quality if you go out shooting in a heavy rain.

With Olympus one can't really change lenses in the rain. The Sensor would get wet ☔️ since it is very exposed. The dust cleaner is not a rain cleaner. On that a (super)zoom solution like a 12-50 in the rain makes most sense to me.
enjoy
Quote:My point exactly, not enough, despite releasing all of these in the OMD era.

I guess I agree on real situations but precisely here for primes : a 1k lens such as the 75mm f/1.8 should have had it, no matter what. The do-it-all 35mm focal length could have had it too on the Fujinon 23mm... bah..

To me the 35mm equiv (23mm in APS-C) is THE single most useful lens. That is then followed by an 85 or 90 equiv. A 50mm equiv is do it all but nothing right. So if I were to do stuff in the rain with a single prime it would be the 35mm equiv. To everyone his/her own.
enjoy