Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another insight with the A7r
You have to shot at very fast speed (field shots) - otherwise all detail is lost in blur.

1/200sec is about the minimum with the Z35/2.8.

In the end I moved to ISO 400 (daylight). Thereafter the quality was superb.

For me, daylight is like 1/500s-1/1000s @ F/5.6  ISO 100, why do you need ISO 400 ?

Quote:For me, daylight is like 1/500s-1/1000s @ F/5.6  ISO 100, why do you need ISO 400 ?

At f/11. 
Do you mean that as a function of pixel density, or from shutter shock?  If it's shutter shock, the camera is useless for landscape...

I once made a test series with 3 tripods and 4 heads and the results were surprising - the thinnest and in my eyes weakest was not the worst. But of course, all results went bananas when there was no "mirror up" pre-release. I just din't read, but I guess as an experienced lens tester you used as well a pre-released mirror? Oh sorry, you didn't because there's no mirror - just read some  specs  :unsure:

In that case I wonder how Sony checks their products?

Quote:Do you mean that as a function of pixel density, or from shutter shock? If it's shutter shock, the camera is useless for landscape...
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Scythels" data-cid="25706" data-time="1388371870">

Do you mean that as a function of pixel density, or from shutter shock? If it's shutter shock, the camera is useless for landscape...
</blockquote>

I do not know for sure but I haven't been able to get a really sharp shot at 1/100 or 1/160.
35mm at f11, won't you get enough DOF with f8 or f5.6 already? f11 will limit the A7r's resolution already...

When you say field shots, do you mean handheld or tripod? I sure hope you mean tripod (because of the blur you notice)...

I love Roger Cicalas comments... http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/12/...a7r-sanity

:lol:

Quote:Do you mean that as a function of pixel density, or from shutter shock? If it's shutter shock, the camera is useless for landscape...

I'm a bit confused by this talk of pixel density affecting these new Sony FF cameras. The pixel density of the 16MP APS-C NEX cameras is about the same as the A7R, and it has never been a problem with those models, so why the fuss now? Doesn't this simply point to shutter shock on the A7R being the main culprit when it comes to lack of sharpness?