Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Sydney
Hello all,

I am Antony, living in Sydney NSW Australia. New to this forum, and like to say hello.

Hi mate :-)

Seems as if you also got an A7r. Hopefully I will find the time to test the 35mm later this week.

Hello,

Yes, but I haven't used it much yet. Still using the NEX-7.

Quote:Hello,

Yes, but I haven't used it much yet. Still using the NEX-7.
Hello Anthony, nice to see you have joined Photozone.

Why have you not used the A7r much yet? Why is it about the NEX-7 that makes you use it for now over your new A7r?
We are suspended to your answer :-)!

Quote:Why have you not used the A7r much yet? Why is it about the NEX-7 that makes you use it for now over your new A7r?
I can list a few excuses.

1) I am familiar with NEX-7's controls. Sony moved the settings around.

2) I only have one full-frame lens (Sony FE35mm/F2.8 ZA), not even any other brands. (Okay, I don't own any Canon and Nikon lenses.)

3) Although I do have a few other Sony prime lenses (E30/F3.5 macro, E24/F1.8ZA and one or two A-mount primes), I much prefer using zoom lens.

4) I found the AWB on A7R a bit weird compared to NEX-7, same photos were taken in controlled flash environment.

4.5) I don't shoot RAW, perhaps I should.

4.75) Only recently, I gave in to Lightroom. Subscribed myself to the Adobe's $9.99 Photographer deal. But still haven't actually used the Lightroom yet. (Been very happy with CS5 for the last few years.)

5) NEX-7 is lighter.

6) I've been slightly busy recently, just finished reading the A7R instruction manual few days ago.

Oh, you might be surprised to know that...

I picked up the camera from the store on its  release date (in Australia). The sales guy commented that I did not look excited. For some reason, I really wasn't.

With just a single native lens available it is a bit hard to get excited.

My EA-LA4 adapter is coming in tomorrow, so this opens up the scope a bit till the real things are here.

Thank you for reminding me about the EA-LA4, I haven't redeemed it yet. I know I should.

Just picked up my Sony FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss lens which is a big news to me…
Finally I have a full-frame E-mount zoom lens to use for my A7R.

(Prime lens is not my thing.)

Okay, the FE24-70F4ZA lens is still inside the box. There's no rush to open it.
Quote:Just picked up my Sony FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS Zeiss lens which is a big news to me…

Finally I have a full-frame E-mount zoom lens to use for my A7R.

(Prime lens is not my thing.)

Okay, the FE24-70F4ZA lens is still inside the box. There's no rush to open it.

Is there a place where it is available from stock ?

I asked the folks over at Georges today but they got none.