Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuji service
Since I didn't even get a single status message from Fuji within almost 3 weeks, I have put the service incident of our Fujinon XF 55-200mm on the photozone front page. 

Crappy QC, crappy service. Well deserved. Congratulations, Fuji. 

....well, dear fuji does offer broadcast lenses for sale for real money....so maybe these little things are just regarded as trinkets, ornaments to be replaced by some new little thing....  

Klaus,

What about thinking of a broader campaign, maybe with Roger Cicala of Lensrentals, Imaging-Resource, dpreview... It looks to me that the front page "hall of shame" is of very little use.

Some kind of Universal Declaration of Lens Quality Control and why not get the support of Sigma who is so keen to put their newly QC forward ?

I dunno..
Lensrental is in USA and Klaus is down under. We've seen that for many of these companies support depends heavily on location. It is kind of a shame that large companies have this issue.

-

My first hand experience is that Canon and Olympus have been extremely good in USA and I hear very negative things about Nikon (USA). Lensrental actually posted a comment about repairs here:

http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2013/08/...-2012-2013

(sadly they do not have enough fuji equipment to comment maybe that will change next year)

For repair center response they list canon and fuji as best with olympus as worse (my expeience with olympus was before they closed the new york repair center)
The promised me to exchange the lens (after 4 weeks I complained ...).

Quote:The promised me to exchange the lens (after 4 weeks I complained ...).

Did you get preferential treatment for running a popular website or you think they would have gone this for everyone?

Anyway, taking 4 weeks is not that impressive.

J.
enjoy
Less than impressive. When my olympus camera had an issue (faulty shutter) it took less than 7 days from when I sent the camera in till they returned i to me. Maybe it was because it was a new model and they were a-tune to the issue. Hum. Also I've heard since they close the ny repair shop there has been some issues (confusion) with handling repairs.

Quote:Did you get preferential treatment for running a popular website or you think they would have gone this for everyone?

Anyway, taking 4 weeks is not that impressive.

J.
I didn't mention that I am running PZ. That would have been phase 2 of the complaint :-)

I am somehow getting the impression that nothing gets done till you complain - seems a bit typical for down under unfortunately.

Quote:I didn't mention that I am running PZ. That would have been phase 2 of the complaint :-)

I am somehow getting the impression that nothing gets done till you complain - seems a bit typical for down under unfortunately.

Oh well, if it makes you feel better, customer service in Switzerland is almost non-existent. Even if you complain, chances are that nothing will ever happen.

It's quite a shocker compared to the States for examples. My wife who is american couldn't believe how shitty customer service is here!  I'm sure OZ' customer service is miles better :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Quote:.... :-)....I am somehow getting the impression that nothing gets done till you complain - seems a bit typical for down under unfortunately.
....i've solved this problem by not buying anything at all now....except food....this probably wouldn't work for Pz though....

....try weekly rentals from Lensrentals? - the shipping is fast, their catalogue is large....or buy canon, or nikon, the last times i tried them they were good ;-)