Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Di VC USD
May I quote another Roger Cigala post?

"Recently, the good people at Imatest have developed an ultra-high resolution, backlit chart printed on photographic film that is perfect for testing long telephoto lenses in the lab. The combination of a new, cool Imatest setup and a new, cool lens proved irresistible, so we decided to compare the new Tamron with the olderTamron 200-500mmSigma 50-500mm OS, and Canon 100-400mm IS lenses."

See also: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2014/01/...m-shootout

Please note: I don't see lensrentals and PZ competing for the "best results". Each of you guys does a great (and free of charge for us users) job and together the results are stronger.

Interesting!

I suspect they are talking about this one here ?

http://store.imatest.com/sfrplus-chart-c...glass.html

The thing has a size of 19.74mm X 29.91mm.

While this is certainly a way to do it, it is worth to mention that you are essentially doing macro tests.

You can, of course, use several of those to extend "the chart area".

They mention an infinity simulation method for telescope but just from this single sentence I can't draw any conclusions whether this is something that can be generalized.
Neither can I. My knowledge of English and optics is limited. I thought after what I read in the comparison, the target would be greater. And I still think, it is:
Quote:ultra-high resolution, backlit chart printed on photographic film that is perfect for testing long telephoto lenses in the lab

So, it is photographic film that is used, not the small chrome on glass target. I agree, that latter one would be best for macro.

But the used target as shown in Roger's comparison is probably:
Quote: Color LVT Film

Fujichrome Provia 100F Professional, printed at 2032 ppi, produced at up to 234.95mm x 196.85mm (0.95×7.75 inches active on 10×8 inch film).

Otherwise it won't make much sense to me, but then again, I'm no lens tester, only test consumer. And buying more of this expensive chrome on glass target at 490$ / piece is really burning money.
For those of you who are interested, it is tested on lenstip: http://www.lenstip.com/403.1-Lens_review...ction.html

Hi,

Has the test been published in the meantime here on Photozone?

Kind regards,

Michael

It is currently 3rd or 4th in the queue (besides the Sigma 150-600 sports).

Quote:It is currently 3rd or 4th in the queue (besides the Sigma 150-600 sports).

Still waiting patiently Smile

Would like to see it compared to the Sigma 150-600 Contemporary.

Kind regards,

Michael

I understand your messages. :-)

However, this is a small operation. I just finished the annual 1 month off for tax declaration, then I had to sell 20 tested lenses on eBay and now Google discontinued their content distribution network and introduced a penalty for sites with poor mobile support (such as ours). Thus I am busy at places where I don't wonna be really.

I will post some samples images from the Tammy and Sigma Sports this week at least (plus a few others) ... I hope.