Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AF-S Nikkor 58/1.4 ...
in the NRF I found this link: http://www.nikon-asia.com/en_Asia/produc...4g#gallery which leads to Original size of sample pictures from Nikon Asia. Impressive, in a way.

Just two posts later there's a sample of the CA I was talking about - another forum member "removed" the CA. I just can't help, I find that a loss of information, replacing a very visible magenta shadow against a less saturated grey one Smile

Quote:I have to admit, those shots at f2 are gorgeous, and unlike Shawnino, I don't really like to shoot below f2. When I'm shooting a moving model I just lose too many shots because I end up focusing on a cheek or a shirt or a stray hair and miss the shot. I'm really more interested in the chromatic aberration since I shoot a lot outside and like backlit shots.

This is what I DON'T want. This was shot at 2.8 with the 85/1.4... 2 full stops down!!! Just look at all that ugly magenta along the thumb and glass and the green in her hair (and no program could magically make it disappear). - See more at: http://forum.nikonrumors.com/discussion/...rlhx3.dpuf

Anyway, as far as I could see there's not such a thing like those CA with that 58mm. Now I'd like to see a pixelpeeping comparison between that Nikkor and the double expensive Zeiss.

Step by step we're approaching medium format prices while still dealing with advantages and disadvantages of the smaller "fullformat" type of cameras. I wouldn't need more features on a cam than a Phase One has  Rolleyes

Quote:in the NRF I found this link: http://www.nikon-asia.com/en_Asia/produc...4g#gallery which leads to Original size of sample pictures from Nikon Asia. Impressive, in a way.

Just two posts later there's a sample of the CA I was talking about - another forum member "removed" the CA. I just can't help, I find that a loss of information, replacing a very visible magenta shadow against a less saturated grey one Smile
Well, I can't help that person did such a lousy job.... If you find wrong colours "information", ok.

Quote:Anyway, as far as I could see there's not such a thing like those CA with that 58mm. Now I'd like to see a pixelpeeping comparison between that Nikkor and the double expensive Zeiss.
The Zeiss is the more impressive lens. But the Nikkor might have the nicer bokeh.

Quote:Step by step we're approaching medium format prices while still dealing with advantages and disadvantages of the smaller "fullformat" type of cameras. I wouldn't need more features on a cam than a Phase One has  Rolleyes
There have always been expensive lenses for 135 format. The Noct-Nikkor, the Canon FD 50mm f1.2 L, the Canon EF 50mm f1.0 L USM, the Canon 50mm f1.2 L USM and so on. And there have always been less exotic alternatives.
Brightcolours, now I'm done replying to your constantly better knowing posts. You convinced me that nobody else except yourself knows anything in your own cosmos. Have fun there.  <_<

Quote:Brightcolours, now I'm done replying to your constantly better knowing posts. You convinced me that nobody else except yourself knows anything in your own cosmos. Have fun there.  <_<
We all come to the same realization as you, eventually.