Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras
Quote:Right, but the system is bound to expand. After all, I think nobody expected Sony to start with a 50/1.2 right off the bat, since it's not a high volume lens like a 50/1.8 (there are <i>nuances</i> in this case, of course, as the 55/1.8 is to cost $1000). Secondly, even with the adapter, this is going to be smaller than a 6D 
With the adapter you are back at square one where mirrorless gets its advantage... Same depth again, the adapter is just a mirror box without the mirror (and without the powerful PD AF sensor).

And yes, you still have a less high body, for which you have lost the OVF. And a bit less wide body, in return of which you get less battery time. Rather have a 6D, if it is about using SLR lenses...

Quote:and you can adapt lots of stuff the 6D is no good for. SO as a starter, it looks very good. If I'd been starting from scratch a few months from now, I'd get the 24-70 and the 70-200. Going wider would've been trickier but a 10-18 in crop mode looks like a valid stopgap for now.
That is a huge amount of money for that setup, and a big and heavy setup for that. To me, the A7® really only makes sense with compact primes for street and portrait shooting... Anyway, that is how I see this camera.

Messages In This Thread
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras - by Brightcolours - 10-17-2013, 02:12 PM