Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras
Quote:With the adapter you are back at square one where mirrorless gets its advantage... Same depth again, the adapter is just a mirror box without the mirror (and without the powerful PD AF sensor).

And yes, you still have a less high body, for which you have lost the OVF. And a bit less wide body, in return of which you get less battery time. Rather have a 6D, if it is about using SLR lenses...

That is a huge amount of money for that setup, and a big and heavy setup for that. To me, the A7® really only makes sense with compact primes for street and portrait shooting... Anyway, that is how I see this camera.
For me, these Sony cameras look like a perfect (so far; well, nobody can comment on their operational qualities like AF speed/precision etc. yet) one-size-fits all solution for adapting lots of different stuff. I have a boatload of EF lenses anyways which might be adapted in theory; and with native stuff, I (or rather, my wife) would get a decently compact setup. She is decidedly refusing to consider even a 6D (and the smallest practical lens I could pair it with would be the 24-85/3.5-4.5, which is not stabilized, reportedly iffy on FF and not very tiny at that).

Of course, it's all down to how much money we have, and how good are the two normal zooms. So far, she is managing pretty well with a NEX-3 and kit lens, but she has to step up sometime, and this looks like a much better alternative to both her current NEX and the 6D I was considering.

Messages In This Thread
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras - by Rover - 10-17-2013, 02:36 PM