Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras
Quote:AF speed is ok-ish for the A7, with the right adapter and EF lenses very slow like the 1st gen. live view implementations. 

Well, only the 3 zooms give IS. And that bottom range zoom is not all too compact. So why would your wife (or you) need it to be full frame?

Why not step up the lenses for the Nex3 instead? Oh well, not much of an arm length away photographer myself, so I guess I can't really relate.
Full frame because she shoots mostly in poor lighting conditions - museums, etc. I could use a boost in quality as well since I only have the old 1D Mark II N and it's becoming a little long in the tooth for theatre shooting (I can manage, but only if the lighting is good). I thought against just adding more lenses for NEX-3 vs. just buying a 6D because assembling an entire second system seemed rather expensive and superfluous. But the A7 got me wondering again. Especially if EF lenses can be adapted with some kind of AF. I still hope it doesn't turn out to be that ugly by the time I have money to burn...

And I have a cool ancient leather case that the 1D doesn't fit into, so I need something to put inside. Big Grin The A7 looks just the right size. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Leaked shots of Sony's A7 & A7R interchangeable lenses full frame cameras - by Rover - 10-17-2013, 06:23 PM