Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 non VC
Just buy my Tammy yesterday... base by numerous review and user experience, and mostly from this site... so far I am happy to tell that this lens is tack sharp...  but as a beginner my self, I notice that on every focal length require different fine tune.. is this normal? my camera is D7000

getting annoying really, at the end, I decide to choose only 1 focal length that havemaximum sharpness and others as tolerance..

any thought?

Nis

This lens is known for that... .

But none of the reviews of this lens on Photozone mentions this, nor any other reviews I have seen, so where is it 'known' please?

Google for "problems tamron 17-50" and you get nearly 400.000 hits.

I guess, Tamron would be more than happy if they sold 400.000 units... Sometimes those "problems" get echos form everywhere, between "I knew it! Ha!", "Mine has probably the same issues"  and "yes, I gave it back and got me XYZ"

I was also not very happy some time ago with it and sent it to service, but I guess you get what you pay for. I just had too high expectations and that never goes very well in this price region.

So many of these 'problems' stem from incorrect test methodology, testing in a way that doesn't take into account the way the af systems work.  My D7000 showed inaccurate focussing with af when I got it with four Nikon af lenses, but is fine now that its been adjusted by Nikon, with these lenses and a couple of Tokina af lenses, as well as manual focus with confirmation.

I have just bought a Tamron 17-50 /2.8, following a close read of tests here and elsewhere, it seems ok so far, I will look closer!

Well I understand that nothing is perfect... either lens/camera body.. but still deviation should not be too much to get annoying...