Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two reviews coming next week
I promise ... sorry for the long wait.

But which two ? 50-200? 35 is ? 35 os ? 724 qs ?

Presumably the long promised Canon 35/2 IS and Sigma 35/1.4.

What took you so long Tongue .

Fuji 27mm Pfannekuchen

enjoy
Is this week over yet ?

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">….22+7=29….:-( 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">….and, isn't it good to see that the 55-250STM will be reviewed so soon after it's release ;-)

It'll be two primes.

Quote:It'll be two primes.

Finally. Was about to post if lens reviews are still being carried out on this site.

Sigma 35 f/1.4 and Canon f/2 IS. We'll see how your results stack up against Lensrental's numbers.

I just replaced my Sigma 30 f/1.4 (Art) lens with the Canon 35 f/2 IS. Does not matter how sharp a lens is, it is useless to me as long as it cannot focus relaibly. Smile
Quote:I just replaced my Sigma 30 f/1.4 (Art) lens with the Canon 35 f/2 IS. Does not matter how sharp a lens is, it is useless to me as long as it cannot focus relaibly. Smile
What issues did you have?

I ask because I just finished the field tests with this lens. It showed severe backfocus on the D7000 (which works perfectly with other lenses), while AF was spot on with the D7100.

Kind of proves my theory that front-/backfocus is often an issue of a camera/lens combination, not just the lens or camera.

Apart from the backfocus on the D7000 (which was within the limits of in-camera AF micro adjustment) the lens did not show any AF issues during my tests...

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Forgot to add: yes, of course we still do lens reviews Wink

Problem, as usual, is, that we have to rely on spare time to perform tests and write reviews. It seems that all three of us are currently very busy again in our main jobs and/or our "normal lives".

However, no reviews being published does not mean we're not working on tests in the background Smile

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com