http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info...04038.html

Circular aperture

Better coating

Slightly different body finish

Quote:http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info...04038.html

Circular aperture

Better coating

Slightly different body finish
Will you retest because of these changes? - Just kidding.

Nice to see a sign of life from Pentax.
enjoy
Quote:Will you retest because of these changes? - Just kidding.

Nice to see a sign of life from Pentax.

Well, it's a "limited" sign of life...   <_<
They also announced two new flashes - WR and with continuous LED light. The AF360FGZII now can rotate its head, a welcomed improvement.

It's like the testimonial that K mount will survive... Even without Pentax name on it.

A.

Wasn't video one of the reasons for the new barrles ?

Quote:It's like the testimonial that K mount will survive... Even without Pentax name on it.

A.

There is a Pentax name on them. The brand didn't disappear.
I like the dof marks on Pentax lenses. I wonder why Nikon and Canon can't do it.

Quote:There is a Pentax name on them. The brand didn't disappear.

It slowly, step by step, disappears. They have changed company name. No more internet sites with Pentax name ("Pentax Imaging" became "Ricoh Imaging"). The new compact HZ15 looks like ex Optio. Green ring was kind of Pentax trademark, the red one looks like on Ricoh A12 lenses. There was "Pentax" inscription on DA Ltd's barrels, near the mount, which is now removed on these new HD DA Ltds.

Anyway, I like the Pentax concept, not the name by itself. If it will remain, there is not a big difference what exactly name is engraved.

A.
Quote:I like the dof marks on Pentax lenses. I wonder why Nikon and Canon can't do it.
DOF marks a a (quite nonsensical) relic of the low res. film (small prints) past. Nowadays more and more photographers are finding out just how meaningless those markings are. As is hyper focal distance shooting, although that is only sideways connected Wink