Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
Highlight recovery with Aperture is still pretty good, given the right camera and settings, so I'm disagreeing with you on that, Studor13. I get all my highlights in a good correction with AA.

But I can't say, I'm happy with Apple in each aspect. No, that was not the full truth. I feel they are abandoning it, they let it die silent and put all of their manpower in the phone development. I would like to keep it, for my workflow it's one of the best DAM. Adobe is no option to me at home, they make too much of a mess with all their preference and other files all over the HD.

Capture One is my choice for more complex postedits in files from a camera my version of Aperture doesn't support anymore. There's also a lens correction tool. But Joachim, I don't get why you expected lens profiles from Apple in Aperture - they never had that feature, like Lightroom never had the feature of face recognition. In C1 I miss a lot of things I'm used to from Aperture but I must admit, for skin tones, perspective correction and masking it's outstanding. It's more complex than AA, so one need to take more time to learn it, but PhaseOne has some good videos for that, contrary to Apple.

2 years ago, I was still convinced Apple would bring a new version 4. Today, I don't believe anymore this will happen.

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by JJ_SO - 08-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM