Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
The problem with Apple is that you never know what they're working on until it is announced. Personally, I'm sure an upgraded version is not too far away and I'm definitely willing to wait, since AA is still the DAM of my choice.

On the other hand, Apple has always been a bit behind the competition in many regards (with Aperture), so I don't expect too much for the next version. Took them ages to add CA correction, for example.

And following the Final Cut X disaster, there's also the opportunity that a next version of Aperture is not exactly what we expected...

For now, I'll continue to work as I have for the past years: most work is done in aperture, occasionally I use C1 instead. For anything that I can't do in Aperture, I use PS (still on version CS5). However, I don't have a compact with heavy distortion that needs to be corrected.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by mst - 08-25-2013, 12:24 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM