Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
I know and wasn't expecting too much. But since my Aperture version still remains at 3.2.4, there are some features useful to me, at least 3:

I could import the D7100 NEF-files in AA - good to have the stuff together, since Capture One is lightyears away from the DAM comfort what even my antique AA version can offer.

In AA 3.5, there's an inbuilt SmugMug uploader. I haven't seen or tried that, but if it's better than the plugIn, I'd call that "progress"

The skin tone white balance can be useful

Anyway, update to Mavericks was nearly succesful until it came to my Apple ID and the AppStore went crazy. So, no downloads, which after all is a good thing. Meanwhile I learnt, that Apple made some serious changes in the iWorks apps. Most of them are not "progress" in my eyes, just to avoid overstressing the sh.. word.

It took long until I was willing to give up my resistance against the dull, boring grey icon sadness. Now I made the step and getting no update because everything comes form AppStore, which is for some reason not working properly, is kind of a sign for me. They go iCloud and I wave them farewell...

I was just thinking, if Phil Schiller mentions Aperture together with the new MacPro racing beast, they might have AA 4 in the pipeline. But even then, 2014 will be soon enough. I was happy with 10.6.8 and I guess, I will be happy again after throwing the backup on my main drive.

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by JJ_SO - 10-23-2013, 07:08 PM