Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
Quote:I was toying with getting an Nikon P330 and was excited that Apple released the RAW support yesterday.  Playing with a few downloaded NRW files I realised that does not support the essential distortion correction - Images form the wide end of this look like fish-eye.

I since learned that Apple doesn't correct RX100 files either and read comments that the 16-50 on NEX is also not well supported. 

That left we thinking: What is Apple doing here?  I am actually pretty angry with them.  Do they still have a real interest in this?  Should I just cut my losses and move somewhere else?

Since the photoshop licnesing story earlier this year, I am not so fond of Adobe either.  So if I were to move away from aperture what would people recommend?

Some do the basic uploading with NX2, which I persume do the optical corrections, and then use the software of their liking. I returned to Aperture, after a long time with Lightroom, but I have tried a lot of other software as well!

A program I like, but not have tried in earnest, is Phocus, Hasselblad's own software, that is free to registered users — no I do not own a Hasselblad, but I registered anyway. Have no idea if it is made in-house, or what, but it seems very capable!

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by Tord555 - 01-27-2014, 10:04 AM