Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
That's just too true, stoppingdown.

The first break happened when D7100 came out and was not supported, the next was the change of a lot parts of Mac OS X interfaces to grey - remember the spot where the runner slammed down the grey screen?

So far the iMac is still working fine after 4 years and still capable to handle 40-50MB file size. I try to ignore the day I will have to look for another solution.

Adobe goes cloud as all - I'll never become a fan or user of Adobe stuff at home. Different story in the office, where IT has to bother and the big bills are paid by our customers. They still need a reboot when there's an update of Acrobat. Flash and PDF are security risks, big f..k you very much, Adobe.

Of course, there will be solutions - but no one as elegant as even my totally outdated Aperture still is. Who knows, maybe one day I go into an Apple store and discover Photos as acceptable. There are dozens of RAW converters, but I still don't understand why  all these are so crippled in managing pictures?

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by JJ_SO - 06-27-2014, 10:18 PM