Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch?
Hi

I am still using aperture to this day. When starting with aperture I compared it against LR. I found that the out-of-the-box performance with Olympus ORF files (E-300 and E-P1) was vastly superior to LR with regards to colour. Adobe sucks big time on the reds from an E-300. I understand many people prefer aperture over the Adobe solutions for Fuji X-trans files.

I am still trying to understand what this all means. Nobody seems to know what Photos (the proposed follow on solution)on a Mac can and can't do. This is badly handled by Apple and puts severe question marks with regards to their professionality as a software house. If Photos was a good solution they should show us now. One can't let the existing customer base with long catalogs in aperture down like this. It wreaks your reputation for years.

There was some talk on help regarding transitioning to LR. Don't know what is behind. How - with the above mentioned differences in colour - should one be able to move catalogs with processed RAW files into e.g. Adobe.

Regarding I-clouds - I see little point of putting my image library of several 100 GB there - only for Barack Obama and the NSA to be able to look at it.
enjoy

Messages In This Thread
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by scottburgess - 08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Apple Aperture - what is the future - should one just switch? - by joachim - 06-28-2014, 07:24 AM