Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the races
In addition to the "wet race" thread I posted recently, here are a few more images I collected at or around race tracks. Some were shot a while ago, some last weekend. Mostly at the Nürburgring, which is just an hour away from where I live.

-- Markus

[Image: L1019300.jpg]

[Image: MST_2029.jpg]

[Image: MST_3088.jpg]

[Image: DSC_4164.jpg]

[Image: MST_5039.jpg]
Editor
opticallimits.com

[Image: MST_1887.jpg]

[Image: MST_2068.jpg]

[Image: MST_1875.jpg]

[Image: MST_4914.jpg]

[Image: MST_5004.jpg]
Editor
opticallimits.com

[Image: MST_5053.jpg]

[Image: MST_2201.jpg]

[Image: MST_1972.jpg]

[Image: MST_2344.jpg]

[Image: MST_2403.jpg]
Editor
opticallimits.com

Overall great compositions, Markus. Very nice! My favorites are the gullwing flank and the SL300 + porsche 356 racing. The Aston Martin in the dark/dusk is also very pretty.

Cool to see the Porsche 956, maybe the coolest race car ever, and the very retro Lamborghini (...from their farm tractor days).

Quote:Cool to see the Porsche 956, maybe the coolest race car ever...
I visited group C races together with my brother when we still were boys (seems like yesterday nonetheless Wink ). And while I think the 956 and 962 are some really nice race cars, we both immediately fell in love with the Sauber C9 and C11 when we first saw them. Or to be precise: when we first heard them Smile

This may sound a little strange, but to me this is still the benchmark of what a V8 engine should sound like.

One C9 and three C11 cars are in private hands today, one of them is raced regularly... and was the main reason for my visits to Spa and the Nürburgring this year Smile

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Talking about Porsche: image #10 (last image in the second post of this thread) is actually a 962 cockpit (of the "Tic Tac Porsche").

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com