Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 ED
Well, thanx for the encouraging replies, I just thought that for that money, the results should be a tad better...

This is just physics and has nothing to do with the lens.

f/16 is a no go on MFT.

I wonder if it makes sense to test some lenses from Nikon or Canon on a MFT camera. I think it would be nice to compare e.g. Nikkor 85mm f1.8 with the Oly 75mm f1.8.

Quote:I wonder if it makes sense to test some lenses from Nikon or Canon on a MFT camera. I think it would be nice to compare e.g. Nikkor 85mm f1.8 with the Oly 75mm f1.8.

I think the usability aspects of a 85/1.8 G-Nikkor on a mFT cam make such a combination loose a lot of attraction.  AF lenses make most sense on a body that can drive them.  Also you loose aperture integration into the camera.  Would clearly be a niche product.

But these are my 0.02 $€£ - lets see what the PZ-Crew think.
enjoy
I'm afraid that the manufacturers have to give us a break before looking into this.

And I don't see that happen I'm afraid ...

dpreview has published an interesting article which suggests that the 75/1.8 may have been designed by Sigma. I am really starting to wonder what is going on at Sigma these days - lens designer doping?  Big Grin

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/08/29/...=title_0_0