Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insane or genius ?
But they have no RAW support. So what do you test and how to compare. ;-)
Hmm, just read the preview on DPR: no RAW, no shutter priority, no manual exposure, no way to set ISO (!)...

That pretty much kills any interest I had.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Markus, you just triggered firmware update B)

Just ordered the QX10 which should arrive tomorrow. If anyone has specific questions of it I'll try to answer it.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
I have a hard time seeing what differentiates this from any other compact camera. My phone has a camera and if I want better quality I use a DSLR. To me this is fashion and I can see why it sells for that reason, but it will not last as a quality camera.

Having had the QX10 for a short time now, it is filling in a niche for me, but such a tiny one I wouldn't spend significant cash on it.

Basically using it like a compact, it is worse in most ways except if you need to get the photo online as quickly as possible. The only advantage case for me is the wireless use of it. To be honest I haven't looked at what level of remote operation similarly priced compacts allow, so it isn't necessarily a long term win.

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Seems like it's not ready for prime time yet.... 

http://bazonline.ch/digital/multimedia/D...y/17904664

Upshot for those who don't read german:  Connection to smart phone unreliable (at least with the smart phone used). The App is very minimal.

Yeah, the lack of RAW support is the killer in my book. Thus we will skip the test.

Well some Nokia smarphones have now dng support coupled with sensors of extreme pixel density (41 MP) those could be interesting.

Noise on small sensors is an issue,being resolved we all,noticed how sensors are getting better.

I expect soon compact pocket cameras will progessively disappear.

An acceptable amount of noise and a decent lens on a smartphone, I am interestef
Quote:Well some Nokia smarphones have now dng support coupled with sensors of extreme pixel density (41 MP) those could be interesting.

Noise on small sensors is an issue,being resolved we all,noticed how sensors are getting better.

I expect soon compact pocket cameras will progessively disappear.

An acceptable amount of noise and a decent lens on a smartphone, I am interestef
Hello,

it's been a while since I saw a post from you....