Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to destroy your equipment during a solar eclipse
Weird to state that Trump is the lesser of two evils. I wonder what the other evil is? Yeah,I agree if the other evil is Putin.

JoJu, I wrote a well defined point: if he watched at the sun, either he got a medical problem, or he's Superman. Clearly it's not the latter. I don't see reports about the former fact. So I conclude he didn't get a medical problem, thus he didn't look directly at the sun. It doesn't need to add that one can quote one million newspapers, each one reproducing the same photo, which doesn't proof anything, we only have a million reproductions of photos that don't proof anything. I could as well shoot at myself with the same pose and state that I looked into the sun for ten seconds, and I'm Superman.

stoppingdown.net

Sony a6300, Sony a6000, Sony NEX-6, Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS, Sony Zeiss Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm F4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 70-200mm F4 G OSS, Sigma 150-600mm Æ’/5-6.3 DG OS HSM Contemporary, Samyang 12mm Æ’/2, Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A, Meyer Gorlitz Trioplan 100mm Æ’/2.8, Samyang 8mm Æ’/3.5 fish-eye II | Zenit Helios 44-2 58mm Æ’/2 
Plus some legacy Nikkor lenses.
One can easily look directly at the sun and suffer no consequences, for a short period of time. But it always bears a risk. Looking at it for seconds or longer is not a great idea. The idiot Trump indeed did look several times at the sun starting to hide behind the moon, even after people kept telling him not to.

The problem is that the damage is not instant unless you look at the sun for a period. 10 to 15 seconds would likely cause long term damage but not necessary instant damage. As you can tell if Trump can't 'see it' it didn't happen. He has no sense of science or cause and effect; esp if the effect takes years to materialize. 

-

He has got to be one of the worse person to be president (of usa) esp during a period where actions have a global impact that can take or last years. Unfortunately he has installed an administration (including a vice president) that is as bad or worse than himself so I guess it is going to be a very rough ride for the next 3 1/2 years (even if he is impeached/removed before his term expires).

-

I hope not too many  aperture blades are plastic but I guess some of them probably are - at least according to lens-rental article.

Quote:One can easily look directly at the sun and suffer no consequences, for a short period of time. But it always bears a risk. Looking at it for seconds or longer is not a great idea. The idiot Trump indeed did look several times at the sun starting to hide behind the moon, even after people kept telling him not to.