Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chicago Sun Times lays off all photographers
Quote:While everyone made a big deal out of it, Yahoo CEO wasn't wrong actually. There's no such thing as a professional photographer today when it comes to photo-journalism.......If you are good, you create art. Who cares who took the picture of a news event?

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">….yes, however one might hope that a news paper/news site worth reading or looking at might actually hire reporters and photographers who write creatively and photograph with an artistic eye - and might therefore be worth a read - 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">- a well known local rag down here has been in deep doggy doo financially and is attempting to do the on-line news site thing to boost sales, and yet does appear to have kept on staff their best photographers - which is a plus for me 'cause i like seeing their shots -

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">….. on the other hand 'pro' photographers at events who object to the riff-raff also taking photos on their nice dslr's or camera phones and who therefore might not sell their 'pro' shots, are a pain in the arse (just a personal opinion….and i could be wrong :-)....but if such a protog is looking away when the best shots are happening…..) 

Messages In This Thread
Chicago Sun Times lays off all photographers - by miro - 06-03-2013, 08:49 AM
Chicago Sun Times lays off all photographers - by soLong - 06-04-2013, 07:20 PM