• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So finally ... the Nikon D850
http://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d850/

With so many leaks there's no real surprises then!

4K with FF width, fine. Pixel binning to get to that? Not that fine. Not usable for serious 4K also, then. Join the big club, D850. 

Yeah, finally. Very promising features. Hope they got quality control under control and will not have to change hardware after delivery. I'll definitely visit one of the roadshows in Switzerland. I'm a bit concerned, if this kind of fast shutter will be a reminiscence of the bad habits of the D800/E, but I'll see.

And for sure, I will bring some lenses to the event Nikon doesn't offer  ^_^

No matter how 4K that thing will be - I don't fance video in a DSLR anyway as the whole concept of use is far away of practical. In case it is bad, it's a good thing to comfort the poor Canon shooters.  Big Grin There has to be a least some thing Canon does better.

Similar here, couldn't care less about 4K. Otherwise, I definitely look forward to it... a little less weight to carry around Wink

@JoJu: I'll probably order one, soon, if the roadshows don't offer enough time or insight, I'm sure we can find a place and time for some hand-on time if you like Smile

Editor
opticallimits.com

A little less? Still more than 1kg! Insane.

I also plan to buy one, depending on the shutter noise and vibration. I really love the D810 for being comparatively silent.

Nonetheless, I want to tame my impatience this time.

1. too often I had a camera and no suitable RAW converter able to deal with the new file type
  2. early adopters are the test-pilots these days as manufacturers apparently become lazy with enough testing. So, some issues will not appear in the first two weeks.
  3. There are lots of those events in Switzerland (one in Lausanne at Sept. 2nd) but I also noticed there's an evening with a circus/varieté show close to Zürich and want to find out if there's a possibility to try out the new baby. I'm curious about the lowlight and AF performance as well.
Quote:4K with FF width, fine. Pixel binning to get to that? Not that fine. Not usable for serious 4K also, then. Join the big club, D850. 
 Isn't it BC?   My guess is will please many looking for that shallow depth of field on that FF sensor!

I'm going to wait for the results before decrying anything around the video department.........

..........However, here is a sports "high resolution" FF camera body that is capable of shooting 9Fps shooting speed (with battery grip), set against the competition this puts the camera in it's "own league" ......

Silent shooting is of course in Nikon's LV mode due to a lack of electronic viewfinder, but at least it's there and will encourage the wedding shooters to stick with their Nikon DSLRs for a few years more.

No sign however of Canon's magic PDAF in LV, so no smooth AF in video, but who expected anything different?

The word is that it's new backlit sensor is very low noise..............

..........I think we will be seeing new levels of IQ from wildlife shooters, for those lucky enough to be shooting with the latest Nikor telephoto AF-S 500/600/800mm,  (ie not me)....... can now "shoot at speeds" that up till now have been limited to 20 Mps sensors or so. 

Is this Nikon's "Swansong" in the DSLR market or the penultimate model?............either way it's an impressive piece of kit, of course I would love one!...my only criticism at this stage is the lack of PDAF which leaves Canon unique in this department.

One thing to mention is what is going to happen to the D5? .... with it's 20 Mps resolution and AA filter it's only real "gotcha" is it's extra three FPS..........

......D5  sales will plummet now! 
Hahaha BC, so lame arguments.

I think this camera will be on top for several years. Believe it or not.
Quote:too often I had a camera and no suitable RAW converter able to deal with the new file type
Yeah, not too happy about that part... this might mark the end of aperture over here finally.
Editor
opticallimits.com

• 1(current)
  • Next