Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just in case you wonder
I can appreciate the humor here (though not the spelling Smile) but the IS is a proven capability by now, and dismissing it is pointless - as well as so 2000. Smile The development vector is towards more of it, not less, and I'm thankful for - say - the stabilized 16-35/4 lens, my bread and butter lens. Getting a lens with a defective stabilizer unit is unfortunate but no more or less so than just stumbling upon a poorly centered one, or - say - a copy with faulty aperture actuator and whatnot.

And dragging a tripod around, setting it up for every shot, would get tedious very quick, innit. Smile I tried that routine and would never go back to it unless I'm only shooting long exposures (nightscapes, astro, fireworks etc.)

After the 2nd time of posting, I appreciated that joke even less than the 1st time. The 3rd time... No appreciation left what so ever.

OK it time to post the 3-th one. ;-) This time no jokes and appreciation at all.

We all live in 2018, where pictures are taken with smart phone, processed with apps like snapchat . and posted in social media/skype/whatsaapp.

@ Rover – I dont think that my kids will make any difference between your and my approach.

1. We all bring equaly bilky equipment – something huge from dinosaurs ages.

2. Equal weight – Canon 400d+Tamron 17-50+ Tripod is equal to yours is int it?

Looking outside I see two types of people with big camera – either crazy or too old to learn new thinks.)

I’m from first category :-)
No, I don't get that. I don't weigh my usual gear vs. something I don't have (like the 400D and lens you quoted...) AND a tripod, I weigh it against what I have and a tripod. Smile If I can save a couple of kilograms this way (which is what the body + short lens weigh anyway...), I'll go for it. Besides, tripods are just impractical to use in most situations. And no, the smartphones and whatnot have no relevance to this discussion. Smile