Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Pentax Mount Lens Review was One Year Ago
What's the deal? Has photozone abandoned them? I've relied on their reviews of pentax mount lenses for years so that would be a huge bummer to me. This is completely ridiculous.

With Nikon and Sony on 24mp, it makes little sense to continue on 16mp just for a short while.

We have not abandoned Pentax (nor Sony). It just pauses.

In Pentax land we are also not exactly experiencing fireworks of new lenses. If so we would go for it. So this aspect is more a question to Pentax actually.

Yeah,

What is there to review?, The Tamron/ Pentax 18-270 mm zoom is  reviewed in other mounts. Yes, the DA 50 1.8 could be reviewed. Is it worth reviewing the Q range of lenses? I think not.

Pentax seem to be in limbo at the moment, We are  told that we are going to see many new products from the Pentax/Ricoh stable ( the Ricoh GXR is here with a "fixed" lens!) and Pentax are supposedly in talks with Tamron with a view to Full Frame lenses. They say a week in politics is a long time and maybe 6 months in the digital camera world is similar, Pentax are hovering on taking the risk on a FF dslr, I wonder if it may not arrive, with Canikons strong FF models. Pentax are now a small company and are now relying on other lens producers to supplement their lens range, so I don't really foresee a plethora of new Pentax lenses!

PS. Sigma have now released the new 35mm 1.4 in Pentax mount, so that's good news for Pentaxians!

Quote:Yeah,

What is there to review?, The Tamron/ Pentax 18-270 mm zoom is  reviewed in other mounts. Yes, the DA 50 1.8 could be reviewed. Is it worth reviewing the Q range of lenses? I think not.

Pentax seem to be in limbo at the moment, We are  told that we are going to see many new products from the Pentax/Ricoh stable ( the Ricoh GR is here with a "fixed" lens!) and Pentax are supposedly in talks with Tamron with a view to Full Frame lenses. They say a week in politics is a long time and maybe 6 months in the digital camera world is similar, Pentax are hovering on taking the risk on a FF dslr, I wonder if it may not arrive with Canikons strong FF models. Pentax are now a small company and are now relying on other lens producers to supplement their lens range, so I don't really foresee a plethora of new Pentax lenses!

PS. Sigma have now released the new 35mm 1.4 in Pentax mount, so that's good news for Pentaxians!

I'm still wondering why Pentax is so much stretching their resources (4 different systems - Q, K, GXR, 645AF2).

They could be very successful IMHO if they were focused.

Quote:I'm still wondering why Pentax is so much stretching their resources (4 different systems - Q, K, GXR, 645AF2).
They could be very successful IMHO if they were focused.
You could argue that GXR isn't Pentax. That's something their current owners already had.

645 obviously has its niche. They probably want to keep the legacy K-mount users happy as it is probably still a not insignificant number of users. Q... is another niche, and given its position I don't think really demands that much effort on their side.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://snowporing.deviantart.com/">dA</a> Canon 7D2, 7D, 5D2, 600D, 450D, 300D IR modified, 1D, EF-S 10-18, 15-85, EF 35/2, 85/1.8, 135/2, 70-300L, 100-400L, MP-E65, Zeiss 2/50, Sigma 150 macro, 120-300/2.8, Samyang 8mm fisheye, Olympus E-P1, Panasonic 20/1.7, Sony HX9V, Fuji X100.
Not exactly correct but, K-5 can share the test results with D7000 as long as they keep testing Sigma lenses.