Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thom Hogan's mirrorless This is most likely spam content
Quote:Missed a bit up there?

joachim, mirrorless will only fully take over from DSLRs once all the weaknesses have been addressed. We're still a long way from that. That's not to say that mirrorless isn't capable. Obviously for a lot of uses it is good enough, in the same way people find cameraphones good enough. And if you have different needs, different cameras may be more optimal in a given role.

Digital has not caught up with Ektachrome in every aspect - still Ektachrome isn't any longer. 6x6 slides from a 1956 Rolleicord are a show.

I honestly think most people buying a DSLR kit would be better off with an mFT. Fast moving subjects is the area still justifying an SLR - and perhaps enlargements that can't be handled with 16MP. But how many cheap EOS do qualify here? Then all these bulky Nikons and EOS do not even feature IBS - which takes a lot of the potential low light edge. As I said my opinion.

Based on that opinion I am surprised that mFT sales do not outnumber DSLR sales. Obviously many don't share my opinion.

Thanks for contributing - I mean it.
enjoy

Messages In This Thread
Thom Hogan's mirrorless This is most likely spam content - by HarryLally - 05-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Thom Hogan's mirrorless This is most likely spam content - by joachim - 05-04-2013, 04:57 PM