Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 ED
Klaus,

Thanks for an excellent test report. I love my 75mm, f/1.8, but when I look through the front of the lens I see a single speck of light.  It is tiny and I do not see it in any of my photos. Looking through with the camera upright (as if I were taking a photo of my eyes) it appears a little off center at about 9 o'clock.  The brighter the light that shines into the lens the brighter it gets. I thiink it could be a flaw in the coating. I looks almost like a star when bright light is on it.

I am very pleased with the sharpness, contrast etc. of the lens and hate to go through the bother of returning it to B&H and also paying the cost of shipping/insurance.  I am even more concerned that I will get a new copy that might not have a 'flaw', but that does not match the image quality of the lens I returned. I am willing to live with a reduction in value of my lens if I  trade it in in the future. I do not think that is likely. Do you think I am 'crasy' if I keep this lens rather than excjanging it?  Thanks.

Frank

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
next PZ lens test report: Olympus M.Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 ED - by Frank B - 05-01-2013, 08:11 PM