Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is your preferred Raw-converter and why?
<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">not that this might mean much to anyone else except me -  but i have in the computer and use at various times (depending on how i like each ones' rendering of the picture): C1/7; DXO8; RPP64; ACR(in Ps5)

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">...C1/7 is clean; sharp(but be careful); likes plenty of colour; is very tweak-able; polite(tries to render everything available); has nice clarity and structure (again be careful) - but, with a predominance of one colour (eg. yellow) it shoves the opposite colour (i.e. blue) off the waveform - not something i like so much

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">...DXO8 is easy; good in retrieving the impossible from an underexposed scene; and i find makes interesting looking pictures in that they are what i thought the scene should look like even thought not as complete as C1;+ the levels are nice and unclipped and where they should be

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">...RPP64 makes nice clean pictures; gets the levels right; is actually sharp and really quite nice - but it brick walls the peak whites at clipping, so easiest and best fix for this(imo) is to combine this file with another converter here

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">...ACR does nice(for some:-)over the top anti-clarity for effect into another convertors scene(but add nr) - unfortunately it also does the same with levels as after the but for C!/7 above

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">why have and use all these? …well why not… buy the $$ ones when on discount and the prices are not too bad - there is of course a free one in here(if you don't give a donation) and with care it is good

Messages In This Thread
What is your preferred Raw-converter and why? - by Reinier - 03-24-2013, 08:51 AM
What is your preferred Raw-converter and why? - by bryan conner - 03-24-2013, 06:25 PM
What is your preferred Raw-converter and why? - by soLong - 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
What is your preferred Raw-converter and why? - by Guest - 04-10-2013, 12:22 PM