Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for newer camera for Zuiko four-thirds sports lens
I think perhaps I did not express it well but the rumoured high end camera will likely be compatiable with both 4/3 and micro 4/3 and contain both caf and pdf but again this is just a rumour and how well it handles both (if the rumour is true) remains to be seen.

-

You've indicated that size doesn't matter to you and sports is your main attraction then it may very well be that micro 4/3 and 4/3 are not the system. While many of the 4/3, micro 4/3 lenses are extermely good the focus for this system is size.

-

I think it is clear that 4/3 is dead and whatever olympus offers will be a bridge option from 4/3 to micro 4/3. 4/3 really offers very little 'cept some lens option.

-

Anwyays if you are willing to go to micro 4/3 I would wait; but if you are willing to switch to a new system then I would suggest canon (though photozone does have a reasonable nikon following). Traditionally canon offers better support and lower prices (usa) as well as better telephoto lenses; though in recent years nikon has made vast improvement in telephoto lenses and their high end cameras are probably a bit better with regards to sensor technology than canon. I think if you decide to switch system I woudl re-evaluate what specific lens you require and go from there (btw nikon repair in the usa is one of the worse options as well as most expensive due to recent nikon usa business decison). Remember that your 50-200 lens is pretty close to a 70-300 in dx format and 100-400 in fx format if you make the switch.

-

Last but least the gh3 is receiving extremely good reviews but it will likely not solve your issue with sports (then again I think I saw a 'try before you buy' option for the gh3 in europe).

Messages In This Thread
Ideas for newer camera for Zuiko four-thirds sports lens - by Guest - 02-25-2013, 01:45 PM