Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster

Hello All,

Yesterday my father and I went to the neighbouring village for an errand. When we left my father lifted my wheelchair into his car and meanwhile put my camera back on the ground. About 5 minutes later we discovered he forgot to put the camera bag into the car and so he raced back to the parking place where we left it.

You guess it, the bag was gone. And now more a day has gone by and no one has come forward or reported it at the police or counsel. Of course I don’t blame my father, we are all human. But it hurts quite a bit when the finder doesn’t come forward and my dad insurance is not sure if they cover this.

This was in the bag:
Canon EOS 5D (I)
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 USM
Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
CF-card 8GB
Some cleaning stuff
Tripod plates
And some small other things.

I hope and pray the person will come forward very soon!

One positive thing though, my parents are child minders. When ‘their’ children heart I lost my camera, they emptied their piggybank and donated the money to me!

Isn’t that sweet Smile?!

Best wishes,

Reinier

Hello All,

Yesterday my father and I went to the neighbouring village for an errand. When we left my father lifted my wheelchair into his car and meanwhile put my camera back on the ground. About 5 minutes later we discovered he forgot to put the camera bag into the car and so he raced back to the parking place where we left it.

You guess it, the bag was gone. And now more a day has gone by and no one has come forward or reported it at the police or counsel. Of course I don’t blame my father, we are all human. But it hurts quite a bit when the finder doesn’t come forward and my dad insurance is not sure if they cover this.

This was in the bag:
Canon EOS 5D (I)
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 USM
Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM
CF-card 8GB
Some cleaning stuff
Tripod plates
And some small other things.

I hope and pray the person will come forward very soon!

One positive thing though, my parents are child minders. When ‘their’ children heart I lost my camera, they emptied their piggybank and donated the money to me!

Isn’t that sweet Smile?!

Best wishes,

Reinier
Sorry, again I clicked on 'post' twice or something, hence the message is posted twice.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.  Maybe there is still at least one honest person left in your town.  Did you check with the police to see if anyone had turned it in?

Sorry to hear such bad news Reiner.

The best that you can do is to report the stollen equipment in.

http://www.fotoapparatuur.nl/

http://www.marktplaats.nl/

It would be nice to describe the equipment and Serial numbers

PS : I have similar situation but I was happy guy. It happens nearby ¨Den Haag haven¨. It was my tripod and it was early 7..8:00AM - happily I found it back after 45 min.

Quote:.... when the finder doesn’t come forward and my dad insurance is not sure if they cover this. This was in the bag: Canon EOS 5D (I) Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 USM Canon 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 USM CF-card 8GB Some cleaning stuff Tripod plates .... Reinier

<p style="font-size:12px;font-family:Helvetica;">… well Reinier lets just hope that the insurance will front up be generous and wish you a happy birthday today

Good news the counsel phoned me, because someone found my bag and reported it to them! I didn't have much hope, because it was 1,5 days since I reported it and usually when it is not found within 24 hours the chance of getting your stuff back is very slim. But fortunately there are still honest people among us!

So, now to the florist to buy a big bunch of flowers for the finder.

It is my birthday today and this was a welcome present!!
Quote:Good news the counsel phoned me, because someone found my bag and reported it to them! I didn't have much hope, because it was 1,5 days since I reported it and usually when it is not found within 24 hours the chance of getting your stuff back is very slim. But fortunately there are still honest people among us! So, now to the florist to buy a big bunch of flowers for the finder. It is my birthday today and this was a welcome present!!
Nice! And happy birthday.

I don't know if it's feasible for you given you condition, but perhaps in addition to some flowers you could offer a photoshoot, or alternatively some prints from your photo collection?
Hi Photonius,

Thanks!

I cannot do a photoshoot for them. But I have given a photobook of mine from the local coast and offered them s finder's fee. They accepted the book, but didn't want any money, so I offered them a photo. They said we'll think about it.

Best wishes,

Reinier